“I took the quiz for fun and I did okay. I looked at the suggestions I got afterwards and I thought, I do that (and I checked it off) and I do that (checked it off) – and pretty soon my score shot up. I said Now, that’s better! I really like the suggestions, I like that they’re practical and pragmatic. It’s not like, you must sell all your worldly possessions!” — Carrie Rimes
It’s that time again: a fresh start with January 1st! Why not take advantage of Practically Green’s Action Plan? This way you’re organized and ready with next steps that make sense to you.
Here’s how to create your Plan:
1) Go to Practically Green and take the Quiz. (If you’ve already taken it, go to step 2.) See how Green you already are and get your Score — which may be higher than you expected!
2) Register and arrive at your Dashboard, which is already populated with personalized next steps. Check off the actions you’ve already done.
3) Share Practically Green with your Facebook friends. This part is optional, but I highly recommend it. See my friends all lined up on my dashboard?!
4) Below the pictures of your Facebook friends, you’ll see “Your Plan for Living Healthier and Greener.” Choose a handful of actions that interest you, and which you’d like to commit for 2011. There are over 400 of these ideas on Practically Green, little things like Use an all-natural nail polish (see it right there on my list, above) and BIG things like Take Public transportation to work regularly – Woo-hoo!! 150 points! Click “Add to my plan” on Your Action Status at the top of every action page:
I just added four more actions to my Plan:
5) Now the fun begins! Click on any one of your Facebook friends to find out what THEIR Green Action Plan is. Presto! Everyone’s sharing ideas and taking steps to live healthy and eco-friendly!
One more thing: Do you see the Practically Green logo with the little orange word ‘Beta’?
That Beta means we’re still young and eager for your input and support. Please send any feedback straight in to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll share it with the team. And, if you feel like sharing this with everyone you know, we’d love it!
Thanks. We’re working to make Practically Green the best possible resource for your personal green journey in the New Year!